Outstanding achievements help JCCs of North America build meaningful Jewish community. JCC Association’s Biennial Excellence Awards honor exceptional efforts, and hold them up as examples so that all JCCs may learn from them.
The creativity and resourcefulness embodied in these achievements serve as an inspiration to all of us, and embody the vitality of the JCC Movement.
- Lay Leadership Excellence Awards
- JCC Excellence Awards
- Marketing and Communications Excellence Awards
Guidelines for Submission
- Only affiliated JCCs in good standing can apply.
- Each JCC can submit one entry per lettered award category. There are four lettered categories within each of the three award groups, so you can submit up to 12 entries total.
You will be asked to answer the following questions for each entry on the submission form:
- Title/description of initiative for publication (limit 75 words)
- Target audience
- What was the purpose of your initiative?
- What was the timeframe of this initiative?
- Was this a discrete or ongoing event?
- What human and financial resources were needed?
- How was this initiative implemented?
- What did your initiative achieve in the short term?
- What is the expected long-term impact?
- Who are the beneficiaries of this initiative?
- How effective was this initiative? Please include all appropriate metrics.
- How has your initiative contributed to the overall excellence of your JCC?
- What steps would another JCC need to take to replicate this initiative?
520 Eighth Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10018
- Strategic excellence
- Clarity of objectives
- Effectiveness – please include as many metrics as possible
- Jewish presence (where appropriate)
- Collateral materials (where appropriate). Where there are collateral materials, the extent to which the material reflects the JCC Movement brand. (If submission does not use the JCC Movement brand, demonstrate how materials reflect the JCC local brand.)
Who will be judging my entries?
JCC Association staff. Your entries will be held in strict confidence.
How many entries may I submit?
Each JCC, YM-YHWA, or camp may submit up to 12 entries. You may submit one entry for each of the lettered categories.
How can I make sure you have received my entries?
Confirmation e-mails will go out by December 31, 2011. If you do not receive a confirmation by December 31, 2011, please e-mail email@example.com.
When and how will the winners be announced?
Winners will be notified in February 2012 and honored in May at Biennial 2012 in New Orleans. Zahav award-winning entries will be displayed at the Biennial. Zahav award and Kol Ha Kavod award-winning entries will be listed on the 2012 Biennial website biennial.jcca.org and on JCC Resources. All award winners will receive certificates and your delegation can be photographed at the Biennial.